GE smart ovens and ranges give you a high-tech cooking experience where you can remotely control and monitor your oven. But if your smart oven won’t connect to Wi-Fi, your cooking experience can turn into a nightmare instead of a demonstration of your pro cooking skills.
Here are 4 possible reasons your GE oven won’t connect to Wi-Fi:
- Wrong “Appliance Network” password
- Failed GE oven and SmartHQ app communication
- SmartHQ app won’t locate the home Wi-Fi network
- GE SmartHQ App connection is failing
This article gives quick troubleshooting solutions to these GE oven Wi-Fi issues.
You Have a Wrong “Appliance Network” Password
When you purchase your smart GE range or wall oven, you have to set up the built-in Wi-Fi using the “Remote Enable” feature. To do this, use the password provided with the “Connected Appliance Information” sticker found somewhere around the oven door.
If you key in the wrong password, the SmartHQ app won’t locate your appliance, and your oven won’t connect to Wi-Fi. Also, the Wi-Fi icon on the oven control panel will most likely flash.
How To Fix GE Oven Wrong “Appliance Network” Password
Simply re-enter the correct appliance network password to resolve this issue. To do so:
- Select the “Remote Enable” pad on your oven control board until the Wi-Fi icon on the display starts to flash.
- Re-enter the Network name and “Appliance Network” password in the SmartHQ app. Your oven should connect to Wi-Fi.
If re-entering the correct password doesn’t resolve the issue, call the GE Connected Home Support number (1-800-220-6899) or email [email protected].
Failed Communication Between GE Oven and the SmartHQ App
Communication between your smart GE oven and the SmartHQ app can fail for two reasons:
- Entering the wrong home Wi-Fi network or password
- A SmartHQ app that’s not working
How To Restore GE Oven Communication With SmartHQ App
To determine which of the two issues above is interfering with the communication between your GE oven and the app, follow these steps:
- Re-enter the correct home Wi-Fi network name and password in the SmartHQ app. Then check if communication between the appliance and the app resumes.
- Disconnect another device that uses the same Wi-Fi and manually enter the password. If the device connects, the SmartHQ app has an issue. If so, call GE Connected Home Support to resolve this issue.
Your SmartHQ App Can’t Locate Home Network
Your home Wi-Fi network should appear in the list of available options on your SmartHQ app. If that’s not what’s happening, the network could be hidden, and your oven won’t be able to connect to the Wi-Fi.
How To Locate Your Home Wi-Fi Network
Follow these steps to locate your home Wi-Fi network:
- On the SmartHQ app phone Wi-Fi settings, go to “Choose Home Network” and select “Other.”
- Manually enter your home network name and password.
- If your SmartHQ app still doesn’t locate the home network, move the Wi-Fi router next to the appliance or order a Wi-Fi extender. Place the Wi-Fi extender between the oven and the router.
If your home Wi-Fi still doesn’t appear on the list and the SmartHQ app won’t locate it, contact GE Connected Home Support.
Your GE SmartHQ App Connection Is Failing
If none of the issues above explains why your GE oven won’t connect to Wi-Fi, the next most likely reason is that the app cannot locate your oven in the GEA Cloud. In this case, you’ll need to reboot the app.
How To Fix Failing GE SmartHQ App Connection
Confirm first that the Wi-Fi icon on your oven control panel is stable. If so, close the SmartHQ app and restart it. Restarting the app should reset it and make it work again.
Should resetting the app not resolve the issue, consult GE Connected Home Support.
Additional GE Oven Resources
If you have any other issues with your GE oven, our other GE oven troubleshooting articles may be able to help:
- GE Oven Not Heating Up? Here’s Why (+ How to Fix)
- GE Oven Not Working or Turning On? Here’s Why (+ How to Fix)
- GE Oven Not Turning Off? Top 4 Causes (+ How To Fix)
- GE Oven Not Holding Temperature? Top 4 Causes (+ Fixes)
- GE Oven Not Lighting or Igniting? Top 4 Causes (+ Fixes)
- GE Oven: Comprehensive Error Code Guide (F0 Through F97)
- GE Oven Won’t Stop Beeping? Here’s Why (+ How to Fix)
- GE Oven Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi? Here’s Why (+ How To Fix)
- GE Oven Turns Off by Itself? Here’s Why (+ How To Fix)
- GE Oven Control Panel Not Working? Top 3 Causes (+ Fixes)
- GE Oven Has Yellow or Orange Flame? Here’s Why + How To Fix
- GE Oven Won’t Self Clean? Here’s Why (+ How to Fix)
- GE Oven Overheating? Here’s Why (+ How to Fix)
- GE Oven Not Heating Evenly? Here’s Why (+ How To Fix)
- GE Oven Remote Enable Not Working? Here’s Why + How to Fix
- GE Oven Keeps Clicking? Here’s Why (+ How to Fix)
- GE Oven Keeps Tripping Breaker? Here’s Why (+ How to Fix)
- GE Oven Steam Clean Not Working? Here’s Why (+ How To Fix)
- GE Oven Light Won’t Turn On? Here’s Why (+ How To Fix)
- GE Oven Door Won’t Unlock? Here’s Why (+ How To Fix)
- GE Oven Light Won’t Turn Off? Here’s Why (+ How to Fix)
- GE Oven Venting Too Much Heat? Here’s Why (+ How To Fix)
- GE Oven Broiler Not Working? Here’s Why (+ How To Fix)
- GE Oven Door Glass Shattered? Here’s What To Do