Dyson fans are a true investment, and these fans boast about many fancy features that can be mind-blowing but come with a rather hefty price. You can usually find a basic pedestal fan at a much lower price, but they are often much less effective when it comes to providing cold air. Dyson fans must be much more powerful, right?
Dyson fans are powerful and provide adequate cooling for any room, but other fans can do the trick for a fraction of the price. The name Dyson has made its place in the market through its vacuum line. It is known to be a reliable product name that is much sought after by the average consumer.
The rest of this article will explain a few things about Dyson fans that will ultimately answer this question in greater detail. You will learn about the types of Dyson fans, their features, pros and cons, and the power consumption. You will also find out what makes Dyson fans different from other generic fans.
Types of Dyson Fans
Dyson makes many types of fans that can either generate heat or cold air. Some are hybrid and can do both and there are some that can purify the air as well. There are three primary types of Dyson fans: cooling fans, the heating fans, and purifying fans.
- Cooling Fans – These Dyson fans are built to throw cold air. They can be as small as a desk fan or as large as a standup fan for the large room. These fans are externally bladeless and so much easier to clean than traditional fans.
- Heating Fans – Dyson fans for heating are often hybrid fans that do both cooling and heating, making them versatile. These fans also come in a range of sizes and are externally bladeless fans. These fans tend to throw off more heat than your standard space heater making them ideal for larger rooms.
- Purifying Fans – Some Dyson fans work as a humidifier as well as a fan. You can expect that these fans will cool and heat a room and add a gentle mist to the air to keep it moist when the room is mainly dry. The purifying fans are excellent when the air quality is less than ideal. Dryness in the air is associated with many different types of ailments.
Features of Dyson Fans
What makes Dyson attractive is the range of features they offer compared to the standard fan. Most fans turn on or off without any other type of fanfare. Here are some of the most popular features of Dyson fans:
- Remote control and timer – most Dyson fans come with a sleep timer or oscillating timer that controls how long it will run for before turning off. The remote makes it easier to turn it back on from the couch or bed without getting up.
- Air purifiers – as mentioned above, some Dyson fans also come with air purification, which is especially handy if you suffer from allergies. These fans will clean the air as they produce cold or hot air throughout the room.
- Jet focus control – This feature allows you to control the airflow according to what you need. Not all models will allow for this feature, but it is a common feature among the mid-range Dyson.
- Safety – Most Dyson models have a safety feature builtin that will turn the fan off if knocked over. These features are mostly noted in the Dyson fans that can both heat and cool. This feature is important if you have pets or young children.
You should note that some of the higher-end models will have more features than the lower-end Dyson.
Advantages of Dyson Fans
- No blades or grills are hard to clean.
- There are no spinning blades that are dangerous for small hands or pets.
- The additional features make these fans more convenient.
- The added types of models allow you to have an all-in-one solution for your home.
- These fans are attractive looking and take up little space.
- Dyson provides adequate cooling and heating to most spaces.
- These fans are very quiet and do not disturb at night or during the day.
Disadvantages of Dyson Fans
- These fans come with a hefty price tag.
- Some models do not oscillate and have only a steady airflow.
- You may find these fans have added unnecessary features.
- The airflow may not be as powerful as you might like.
The ultimate thing you want to know about Dyson is if they are powerful enough to meet your needs. With such an extensive range of models, there is an equally extensive range of power. Dyson fans are not made to throw out a large stream of air with each pass as a standard fan would, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t power.
Most Dyson fans have the technology that will throw the air out and around a room through an early invisible oscillating stream. The power that each fan produces is dependent on the model. Dyson fans work by throwing out the air in a steady stream that provides a cooling effect similar to that of a summer breeze. You won’t get a blast of air using a Dyson, but overtime, you will get the cooling effect.
Since the technology used to develop Dyson is made to set them apart from other fans, you cannot expect them to produce the same power as the standard fan. However, they are made to be power saving with timers and automatic turn off.
The Verdict: Dyson Fans Are Powerful, but Is It Enough?
From the standpoint of what a Dyson fan is designed to do, it is powerful enough to provide adequate cooling and heating to any room. These fans are designed to provide a cooling and heating stream that isn’t as prominent as you would find in a standard pedestal fan. Will they work? These fans are going to be enough to provide you with the cooling and heating you may desire.
Dyson fans are powerful enough if cooling or heating a room is what you want. If you are in a small room with a decent Dyson, you will feel the cool down the same way you would with an open window. However, you will not get the steady relief stream of cold air from a pedestal fan.
Pedestal fans can provide more cooling than you would get with a Dyson for a fraction of the price you would spend on a Dyson. However, it comes down to the features. Do you want a remote or for your fan to heat? The choice is yours.
Dyson fans have a reputation for being dependable. These fans are powerful enough to provide you a cooling or heating effect in any room, depending on how hot or cold it is. From a technical standpoint, Dyson fans have the power to provide you the relief you desire. This relief may not come in the way you expect it, too, with a standard fan, but it does come.
As long as you aren’t expecting a steady stream of cold air or a more powerful airflow, Dyson fans are more than adequate for producing enough power. These fans are made with a variance of features that provides you control over how powerful it runs.
Ultimately, what size of the room you have, how hot or cold it is, and what you have your Dyson set determines if the fan is powerful enough.