There are many reasons you might need a generator, but it always has to be a machine you can trust. An important step in this process is researching the equipment that’s right for your needs. Is a Westinghouse generator right for you?
Westinghouse generators are made in China or Taiwan under the license and supervision of Westinghouse. They are designed and sold by Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment, LLC, headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. The company is owned by Westinghouse Licensing, a subsidiary of ViacomCBS.
Purchasing a generator is an important decision. In this article, I will explain the value of Westinghouse generators, their history of quality, and which is best suited for your needs.
When Will I Need a Generator?
The reasons for buying a generator can be as different as the people who need them, but some common challenges a generator can address include:
- Emergency Back-up: Hurricanes, earthquakes, and any number of natural disasters can rob your home of power. Even mundane failures in the energy grid can leave you and your family in the dark for hours or even days on end. Beyond a simple inconvenience, if it happens in the heart of summer or dead of winter, this could become a dangerous problem.
A solid generator can power most home appliances for hours at a time. With responsible use of your fuel, you can use one to weather the worst of a bad situation.
- Camping: Whether enjoying nature at your favorite campground or going cross country in an RV, you can get the most out of your time outdoors with a portable generator. Able to power your temperature control needs in winter or summer, and anything from entertainment to lighting, a generator is a great companion to make roughing it just a little less rough.
- Working Outdoors: From heavy use like a construction site to smaller jobs around your property, a generator is the best lifeline to keep all your tools working. A good generator will power multiple devices for an entire workday before you need to refill the tank.
Why Should I Buy a Westinghouse Generator?
For over a hundred years, Westinghouse has made a name for itself as an American symbol of manufacturing excellence. Trusted in the United States and all around the world, there are few brands that can match their record of quality products. Items like the Westinghouse WGen9500 Heavy Portable Generator ranked #1 in outdoor generators on Amazon.com and still continue the company’s world-class legacy.
Outside of generators, Westinghouse has made advancements in industries as diverse consumer electronics and nuclear power. A leader in innovation, they have filed over 20,000 US patents in the 20th century and employed some of the greatest minds in modern history, with the likes of Nikola Tesla counted among their engineers.
Today Westinghouse is still one of the best-known and most trusted brands in the world, creating everything from high-end televisions like the Westinghouse 50 Inch Roku 4k Ultra HD LED Smart TV with HDR to the top-tier generators I’ll be discussing.
Originally a purely American endeavor, as the company expanded globally, some of their manufacturing operations have gone overseas. While many products are now made abroad, they are still held to the same quality standards the company has built its brand on. In fact, all of their generators are made to be both EPA and CARB compliant.
What Are the Best Westinghouse Generators?
The kind of generator you need will depend largely on what you need it to do. Here is a list of my top picks to get the job done:
For the Home
If you are in need of a generator for your home, you are probably already in a serious situation. You want a machine that is reliable, simple to use, and easy to maintain. Look no further than the Westinghouse WGen7500DF Dual Fuel Portable Generator.
The dual-fuel design allows you to work with either gasoline or propane. It comes with a remote start key fob, so if a power outage leaves you in the dark, you can start-up the machine from over 250ft away. And the machine is fuel-efficient enough to run for sixteen hours straight at a quarter of its power load.
For the Outdoors
When you look for a generator to go camping or travel, you want a machine that will get the job done without adding a ton of extra work to your trip. A recreational generator should be lightweight, as quiet as possible, and straightforward to operate. With that in mind, the Westinghouse iGen1200 Portable Inverter Generator is one of the top ten outdoor generators on Amazon for a reason.
Extremely lightweight at under thirty-five pounds, the Igen is incredibly quiet at 52dBA. For reference, the average refrigerator is 55dBA, according to Yale University. Even better, the machine can run for up to nine hours on less than a gallon of gas and is more than strong enough to power your lights, music, or even portable AC.
For the Job Site
At a job site where your crew has to have all the power they can get to meet the needs of the task at hand, you can’t settle for less than a machine you know you can trust to handle anything you throw its way. The ideal generator will pump-out all the power you could want and have a large fuel reserve to keep pace with you and your team.
The Westinghouse WGen12000 Ultra Duty Portable Generator is exactly the kind of powerhouse you need in your corner. Able to provide a monstrous 12,000 Watts of power, this heavy-duty piece of equipment will hold over ten gallons of gas on a full tank and still run for sixteen hours at a quarter load capacity.
Why buy three separate generators when you can have one that excels at everything? The Westinghouse WGen9500 Heavy Portable Generator is just that. The premiere outdoor generator on Amazon today. With an average rating of four and a half stars from over two thousand customers, this machine lives up to the hype.
Loaded with the same heavy-duty never-flat wheels found on most Westinghouse models, the WGen9500 is ready to go where you want to go and do what you want to do. Armed with all the best features of generators mentioned above, it can last for seventeen and a half hours and a quarter load and can hit 12,500 Watts at peak performance.
Accessories to Consider
- Your generator is only as good as the fuel you put in it. Remember to keep some handy with a container like the No-Spill 1450 5-Gallon Poly Gas Can.
- Protect your equipment from the elements with a Porch Shield Waterproof Universal Generator Cover.
- When your home loses power, you’ll need your generator connected and ready to go. Use the Conntek Power Inlet Box and Temp Power Cord Combo Kit and guarantee your back-up power for when you need it most.
- And make sure you grab an ASURION 4 Year Home Improvement Protection Plan to ensure your investment.
There are many choices in the field of generators, but when you are talking about a product you need, then it needs to be one that you can count on. Westinghouse generators are made by a brand you can trust, one dedicated to quality service and craftsmanship for over a hundred years. When you think of your power needs, think Westinghouse.